SUN networking problems

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Thu Mar 22 18:21:18 2001

On Mar 21, 18:48, Tony Duell wrote:

> > You can get
> > N-to-BNC adaptors and BNC terminators for pennies.
>
> Can you? Where? The last N-BNC adaptors I bought were several pounds
> each... And the cheapest (decent) BNC 50 ohm terminators I have found are
> home-made (solder-type BNC plug + 51 Ohm resistor).

I thought I'd seen them (N-BNC) in the CPC catalogue, but when I looked
just now, I found N-to-anything_but_BNC for around ?1.50. Maybe I was
thinking of Farnell (who ain't so cheap). Cirkit sell them for ?2.69.
 Ouch! I've just found the price in the Electrospeed catalogue (?8). I
got most of mine from older network installations, where people had added
thinnet to (or in some places, instead of) original thick yellow ether.
 Older N-series tranceivers often got reused in such situations, I find.
 Electrospeed still claim to sell coax taps for ?22, and assorted
transceiver adaptors (N-series ?15, straight single BNC ?12, dual (T) BNC
?14).

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager