New HP

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Thu Mar 22 21:04:45 2001

    I went scrounging again today and found a new source of old computers.
There I found and passed up a HP 9000 835 and a HP 9836A. BUT I did bring
home a HP 9000 520 (aka HP 9020). :-) I used to think the HP 9845 was big
and heavy but not any more! I don't know much about the 520 except that
they were supposed to be the replacement for the HP 9845 but had
developement problems and were very late getting into production and few of
them were sold. I believe it has BASIC in ROM but I'm not sure. Does anyone
have docs for these? It has two HP-IB cables that are connected internally
and a 15 pin socket under the front edge. What are they for? I picked up a
HP 9153 hard drive that was in the same box with the 520. I'm hoping that
there's software for the 520 on it.

     Joe