Atari Portfolio

From: Iggy Drougge <optimus_at_canit.se>
Date: Sat Mar 24 06:46:33 2001

Billy D'Augustine skrev:

>I was once a big Atari fan. I had a TT030, and a Falcon030. I purchased the
>Falcon brand-new when Atari still was making computers (actually the Falcon
>was their last hoorah, and it "flopped"), from a semi-local dealer, what?
>1993? What a wonderful machine this was - even by today's standards. I think
>the only thing that caused them to flub in the market was the 16MHz '030.
>I'm pretty sure fast '040's were available at that time.

Indeed they were, but they weren't all that cheap.
Have you seen the photos of the Atari MicroFalcon 040? It only existed as a
prototype, but I really like the stylish case, it reminds me of a RiscPC.
To add insult to injury, though, the '030 was crippled by a lot of
compatiblity glue.

>One thing I always (and still) wanted was an STBook, but I understand that
>an extremely low quantity of them were made, and seems that most of them
>ended up in EU (where Atari had a bigger base than in the US, my
>understanding).

If I ever get a Notebook, may the ST Book be it!

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.
We have the most thorough test guy in the world...