COMPUTE! and printing (was: Re: Looking for Compute! Atari ST disks)

From: Iggy Drougge <optimus_at_canit.se>
Date: Sat Mar 24 15:08:34 2001

Derek Peschel skrev:

>I was thinking about COMPUTE!'s checksum programs and then thinking that
>their software was sometimes very good and then rememberng how nice their
>magazine looked too. _That_ got me wonderng about the hardware/software
>they used to lay out and print their magazines. Does anyone know anything
>about that? Or similar systems of the era?

The hardware at that time usually consisted of transfers, scalpels and rubber
mats. Computers weren't really involved in the layout process until the very
end of the eighties, though typesetting and word processing was computerised
at an earlier stage.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.
Georgie beundrade stor?gt sin pappa som med v?ldsamma slag gick l?s p? det