AAUI

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun Mar 25 09:11:59 2001

>Amiga FDs is more closer to PC FDs with minor mods to it, even
>pinouts matches.

        Back in '94 or so Dell made a really cool external HD floppy
for the Amiga. It had a black matte finish similar to that of the
Atari Portfolio and was roughly the size and shape of some of the VST
USB floppies being sold for the iMac. I bought one when they first
came out and wish I had kept it. The only complaint I've ever seen
about them was the cable, as it seemed rather frail. The drive
itself couldn't have been much more than the thickness of 3 3-1/2"
floppy disks and it worked great as a Mac drive under Shapeshifter
too.

        Jeff
--
       Collector of Classic Microcomputers and Video Game Systems:
                      Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File