Who can tell me more about this really weird Z80 Canadian built computer...

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Sun Mar 25 09:42:24 2001

Claude,

   FWIW I remember seeing a VERY similar looking machine at a KSC auction
about a year ago. I don't remember seeing a name on it though. I don't
know who bought the lot that it was in so I have no idea what became of the
machine.

    Joe

At 12:08 AM 3/26/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>Well today was kinda slow I guess....finds:
>
>1 fully equipped C128 -1541 II and both P.S.s...$10
>1 1084S monitor $5 (cant pass them up at that price even if I have about
10 of these...)

>This is a "weird" (I refuse to use L_at__at_K RARE! because of its over use on
ebay) one:

>1 AES 7100 Office System. Obviously a Z80 machine from the early 1980s.
>From AES a Montreal, Canada company (local stuff!)
>
>1 know of one other non-active collector (still collecting?) who has one.
He put up photos so Ill post the URL for there so you can have a look at it
and maybe tell me more about this thing:

>http://www.total.net/~hrothgar/museum/AES7100/
>
>Its the exact same computer. Mine is in terrific shape but I dont have the
manuals like this guy does. I do have 2 original boot disks that I was told
will boot (to what?) the machine....have not tried it yet...

>These are "hard sectored" 5 1/4 disks...eeesh...and I only have the 2
original ones...ooooh

>The look of this computer is very "Space 1999ish" if you ask me...
>
>Perhaps this person has already posted here about this machine but I
taught I would try again and maybe perhaps something new will come up...