Odd disk interface connectors (was Re: AAUI)

From: Ethan Dicks <ethan_dicks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Mar 26 08:42:48 2001

--- Tony Duell <ard_at_p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> THere are good reasons for having a ground wire between every signal wire
> on the SCSI bus. Which you can't do if you have a DB25 connector. I think
> youy can come _close_ if you use a DC37, but I've never seen that
> connector used for SCSI.

I have a Tecmar external SCSI drive for the Amiga that has a DC37. Inside
is an ordinary SCSI<->MFM board and a 20Mb MFM drive, but the external
interface is a DC37.

> Nor have I ever seen the DB44 (yes, it does exist) used for SCSI, which,
> being the same shell size as the DB25, would bave been an obvious choice.

I haven't seen it used for SCSI, either, but I have a flat-panel computer,
a 486DX4-100 w/PCMCIA, ISA, etc., etc., designed for hanging on a wall bracket,
that has a DB44 for external IDE - CD-ROM presumably. If I knew where to get
a connector, I'd take the time to run the pinout and add an external drive
to it (I had to do the same for the DB-25 floppy connector so I could boot
the thing off of something besides the internal disk).

-ethan

> -tony

=====
Even though my old e-mail address is no longer going to
vanish, please note my new public address: erd_at_iname.com

The original webpage address is still going away. The
permanent home is: http://penguincentral.com/

See http://ohio.voyager.net/ for details.