Mac SE/30

From: Jason McBrien <jbmcb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 27 09:12:58 2001

Before MacOS 9.x password protection there was a nasty access control
application called At Ease. It went REALLY low level to keep you from
screwing around with things, if a disk is protected with at ease, the only
way to get at it is booting from another disk and updating the hard disk
drivers. Foolproof is a similar, thrid party application, and there is also
a program (Disklock perhaps?) which locks the drive WAY down, you can't even
mount it if you boot from another disk. If the disk is protected with
Foolproof or, more likely, At Ease, you'll need to reinstall the OS if you
don't have the password. If it is protected with an application like
Disklock (i.e. it doesn't show up on the desktop when booting from another
disk) your only recourse is to completely reformat and reinstall the OS.