Mac SE/30

From: Billy D'Augustine <azog_at_azog.org>
Date: Tue Mar 27 10:35:28 2001

Ok, this kinda makes sense now. After someone (sorry, I forget) posted about
HVFExplorer, I found it on the web somewhere. One other thing I downloaded
was a System 7.0 bootdisk, and I was able to create this disk using
HVFExplorer, and boot the SE/30 with it. It didn't do much, but I cannot
mount the hard drive with it - sounds like what you describe below. I can't
even SEE the hard drive. The HD tools program sees "something" on the SCSI
chain, but that's about it...

I downloaded some of the disks from the Apple ftp site, but these are
.smi.bin files. I was able to turn them into .smi files (using StuffIt for
Windows), but am stuck here. HFVExplorer doesn't seem to deal with .smi
files...