AAUI

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
Date: Tue Mar 27 13:40:58 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Jeff Hellige wrote:

> They weren't the only manufacturer to use that type of connector
> for the keyboard though. I'm not saying it was a good design, but it
> was a connector that was small and readily available. The Atari ST,
> Amiga 1000, Coleco Adam, and I believe the IBM 5155, as well as plenty
> of serial terminals, used the same type of connector for the keyboard.
> My main complaint about that connector is that it is so frail. Not
> everyone enjoys cutting off the broken connector and wiring a new one
> back on! <g>

It's a very simple task. Go out to your local electronics, office, or
even grocery store and buy a crimper that comes with a few of the
connectors. Cut the old connector off, strip the cable with the crimper
tool, insert the new connector on and crimp. Takes less than 10 seconds
:)

Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival