AAUI

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Mar 27 08:22:37 2001

>Hmmm... Again, there's the dangerous telephone wires, plug that in
>place of properly wired apple wire for keyboard. POW! Goes the
>keyboard microcontroller. That's another fatal design thanks to
>apple for using telephone jacks instead of some kind of connectors.

    They weren't the only manufacturer to use that type of connector for the
keyboard though. I'm not saying it was a good design, but it was a
connector that was small and readily available. The Atari ST, Amiga 1000,
Coleco Adam, and I believe the IBM 5155, as well as plenty of serial
terminals, used the same type of connector for the keyboard. My main
complaint about that connector is that it is so frail. Not everyone enjoys
cutting off the broken connector and wiring a new one back on! <g>

    Jeff