Cromemco Z2-D setup?

From: Arlen Michaels <amichael_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Tue Mar 27 16:14:04 2001

Can anyone tell me switch settings for this Cromemco S-100 system?

I have what I believe is the CDOS boot diskette but (of course) no setup
manuals.

The system uses a ZPU Z-80 card, 16FDC floppy controller, and a 64KZ ram
card. The 16FDC has one set of (8) switches; the 64KZ has three sets.

The previous owner wasn't sure what to do with this box and by the time I
rescued it the floppy drives had been connected up backwards and the dip
switches on the cards had been moved around. You get the picture... Well,
at least he did warn me he'd played with the switches.

I also notice that one of the chip sockets (IC60) on the 64KZ has a set of
wire shunts in it instead of a chip, connecting pins 1-8 straight through to
pins 16-9. Was this standard? In the pictures in the old Cromemco ads it
looks like a real chip in that socket.

Thanks in advance,

Arlen Michaels