Heath Zenith Hero Jr - No HTML

From: Lawrence Walker <lgwalker_at_look.ca>
Date: Tue Mar 27 19:13:16 2001

 I have a couple of old 675W Tripp Lite backup systems with spike and surge
suppression, one of which I am using now in my multi-puter set-up. It takes
the 120v residential supply and charges up a lead-acid automobile type 12v
battery and then converts it back to 120v feeding 4 plugs. The cables on one are even
the post clamp type. I've often thought that I could likely wire it into an automotive
system for using household appliances or computers in a van for travelling.
 I've been amazed at how long it still outputs during a blackout.
 I believe they were originally used in an office environment. Would these
be equivalent to what you call a "high-class" charger ? I've never put a scope across the
outputs and of course the output is further smoothed by the CPSU on the puters.

larry