ide harddrive

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Wed Mar 28 22:30:02 2001

IF you have a DLL to support EPP under W9x, you can certainly do that. I've not
yet found one that comes with enough pre-sale doc to verify that it's up to that
kind of performance. There are a few PCI parallel port boards that claim to
have the speed, however. I tabled my S-100 bus probe a year or more ago for the
simple reason that the ports on the motherboards I was considering were not fast
enough. The PCI ones may breathe new life into the project.

The datasheet for the SMC34C60 turned up immediately on a search via GOOGLE.COM.
There's an IP product that pops up too, perhaps worth a look. Be careful not to
mix up the EPP and ECP functions on the SMC part! The two are TOTALLY
different!

Dick