SCSI SCA connectors

From: Julian Richardson <JRichardson_at_softwright.co.uk>
Date: Thu Mar 29 02:18:51 2001

OT, sorry - but are there any SCSI fans on the list who know anything about
the SCSI SCA standard? If so can you dro me an email off-list if you know
the answer to the following...

I've got a couple of drives with SCA connectors and adapters plugged into
them to bring them out to the more normal 68-pin connectors. There's a bunch
of inline resistors on each adaptor which I'd like to know whether they are
terminators or just something that's needed when connecting an SCA device to
a normal SCSI bus.

Both drives work together happily despite the resistors (have been doing for
the last 2 years anyway) which surprises me if those are terminators, but
nothing works if I try to chain anything else onto the same bus which makes
me wonder...

ps. one of the drives is 6 years old, but not ten - so take notice of 60% of
this email or something :-)

cheers

Jules