Mac haul and print server questions

From: Carlos Murillo <cmurillo_at_emtelsa.multi.net.co>
Date: Thu Mar 29 21:59:43 2001

At 01:07 PM 3/29/01 -0800, you wrote:
>> Me, I could not possibly afford a laser printer...set up a ghostscript
filter
>> on my hp9000/735 and I can print in color postscript on my lowly
deskjet695.

>Done that, too, but years after I got the HP. When I got the 4ML, ink jet
>printers were much pricier than they are now. I think a decent one was
>between $200-$350.
>-ethan

I think I started using ghostscript to render to printer on my 20MHz 286 back
in '90 or so... I won't say the exact type of printer I had, but
I used the "eps9high" device :-) . Printing was a tedious, noisy
affair. But I was printing postscript . My setup included emtex,
dvips, ghostscript, pcmatlab, msfortran, qbasic 4.5; it sufficed for most
of my master's thesis :-) . The 286 had 4MB of memory with DIP and
SIP sockets; I bought the parts from Jameco. I could avoid having to
walk to the UW-Madison CAE facility at night when it was 10 below outside...

Carlos E. Murillo-Sanchez carlos_murillo_at_nospammers.ieee.org