Apple LWPro parallel port?

From: Iggy Drougge <optimus_at_canit.se>
Date: Sat Mar 31 17:46:22 2001

John Foust skrev:

>>>What's to keep neatly apart for a consumer PC? They want all
>>>the latest, not a microcontroller or DOS 3.0.
>>
>>I'm not talking about a microcontroller or DOS 3.0 either! Could you keep
>>this at a civil level? I'm talking about a windowing OS, and why would that
>>require
>>128 MB?

>OK, not galaxy collision simulation - how about a scanner?
>If you're not adept, it's easy to mistakenly scan at twice
>the resolution, eating gobs of RAM.

I know, I've worked as a layout assistant.
But why would scanning mistakes affect the memory requirements of an OS, and
128 MB at that? When I worked a scanner all day long, it was on a comnputer
with probably half that amount.

>If 128M is indeed the recommendation, it's not just for
>the OS, it's a recommended amount - and nothing more.
>It may be there just to sell memory.

As long as it's just a recommendation, all right. Just as long as isn't a
requirement.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.
- Lupin! Vart ska du?