Apple LWPro parallel port?

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat Mar 31 18:42:11 2001

>I know, I've worked as a layout assistant.
>But why would scanning mistakes affect the memory requirements of an OS, and
>128 MB at that? When I worked a scanner all day long, it was on a comnputer
>with probably half that amount.

        With the people I work with, who range from photographers,
graphics artists and other publishing types, 256MB RAM is more the
norm running Photoshop, Pagemaker, Dreamweaver, and such. That's on
both Macs and PC's. Adobe makes some nice products, but they
certainly aren't lighweight when it comes to resource requirements.
When you're talking a full page spread in either Photoshop or
Pagemaker, that's quite a large amount of RAM being used.

        Jeff
--
       Collector of Classic Microcomputers and Video Game Systems:
                      Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File