Bell & Howell Apple II update

From: Fred Cisin <>
Date: Wed Jan 23 12:24:25 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Christopher Smith wrote:
> The monitor connectors are two ethernet-looking BNC plugs (WTF!?)
> Can anyone tell me what's going on with these?

There're a lot of different connectors that get used for composite
monitors. For school use, they want one that can withstand some abuse,
and will stay on. (When somebody trips over the cord, it should be strong
enough to pull the entire machine off of the table.)

When I taught a class in Evans 10 (UCBerkeley folk'll know the room), in
the wall there was a connector for the overhead video monitors. It was
an unusual connector, with a hollow cylindrical plug a few inches long,
with a pin in the center. I had to check out a cable each time to use it,
until Electronics Etc (R.I.P.) came up with an adapter of that plug to
OB_CC: My TRS-80 model 1 was quite happy sending signal to half a dozen
giant overhead monitors.

Grumpy Ol' Fred
Received on Wed Jan 23 2002 - 12:24:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:34:57 BST