IBM 3840

From: Pat Finnegan <pat_at_purdueriots.com>
Date: Tue Mar 5 14:33:51 2002

An IBM 3840 Tape System just came in recently at Purdue University Salvage
and Surplus. The guy that works there (Don) said he would try and figure
out a price for it. The system includes:

1) 1x3840 A22 controller
2) 2x3840 B22 dual-tape drive
3) 1x3840 B22 dual-tape drive with autochanger.

The item was in 'unknown status', but appeared to be complete. I've asked
him to hold off on scrapping the system until at least next Tuesday. If
you're interested, contact me off list, and I'll try to see what he'll
want for it(you can make an offer for him). Currently, I don't have any
way to move it or store it (more than a couple days in my apartment that
is) so the pickup would either have to be by Tuesday by you or I'd have to
rent a truck to move it to my place for temporary storage (which I'd ask
$20+truck charges for).

If no-one's interested by next Tuesday, I'll tell him to go ahead and
scrap it, so make up your minds soon...

I'll post a price for it as soon as I find one out.

-- Pat