OpenSTEP for VMS

From: Dan Wright <dtwright_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 6 10:27:50 2002

Jarkko Teppo said:

> NS 3.3 = i386, HP-PA, Sparc, m68k
> OpenStep 4 = i386, m68k (HP-PA, Sparc? At least Sparc)
>
> OpenStep 4 Runtimes were available for Solaris 2.5 and Windows NT. There
> used to be a downloadable runtime kit (slightly corrupted) for Solaris on
> peanuts.org.
>
> The runtime ran on top of the original OS. If anyone has Sparcs running 2.5
> or similar you might want to give it a go.
>
> I just finished installing NS 3.3 on a HP 715/100. It's extremely fast
> compared to a 68040_at_25MHz.

Really? Where might one be able to get this? I'm interested in trying it
out...

> --
> jht

- Dan Wright
(dtwright_at_uiuc.edu)
(http://www.uiuc.edu/~dtwright)

``Weave a circle round him thrice, / And close your eyes with holy dread,
  For he on honeydew hath fed, / and drunk the milk of Paradise.''
       Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Kubla Khan