OpenSTEP for VMS

From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo_at_er-grp.com>
Date: Thu Mar 7 02:23:18 2002

Jeff Hellige said:
> I play Doom on my NeXTstation Color. It plays in a small
> window but is playable. I guess at the resolutions the OS runs at, it
> would've been hard to run Doom fullscreen. The docs suggest that the
> Dimension board isn't fast enough at it's color depth to be
> playable at all.

You can increase the windows size with some commandline flags, though I
can't remember what they were. It'll kill the speed though.

And if I had a Dimension board I really wouldn't care about playing doom at
all :-)

Here in Vaasa we have probably 70% to 80% of all the NeXTs in Finland. My
local friendly computer salesman has one Dimension board but he ain't
selling it. He's also got some other fancy gear like that Sun 2 I've been
lusting after. One of the few rare computer shops where you can still buy
20MB MFM disks and other spares for older machines. Most of the places just
junk them.

--
jht