New aquisition: Texas Instruments TI 980A

From: Douglas Quebbeman <dhquebbeman_at_theestopinalgroup.com>
Date: Thu Mar 7 08:01:08 2002

Ethan hollered:

> Anybody else out there have one? My friend is going to keep digging in
> the warehouse this month; he suspects he knows where some docs are, but
> he's not sure.

Nope... but bacmk in '74, IU borrowed one of these from the Chemistry
department, and with the help of en electronic engineer/Chemist who
worked there, developed a TTL-to-CDC 6000 Direct Channel interface
in order to use the TI as a front-end processor for the 6600.

It worked very well, and the computer center tried to get one budgeted,
but in the long run, they ended up with a Modcomp II instead.

However, due to its historical important in IU's computer center
development, it's on my watch list. So if you get tired of it...