MicroVAX-II questions

From: Doc <doc_at_mdrconsult.com>
Date: Fri Mar 8 09:06:04 2002

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

> Sounds like a girl I once knew.

  Dave, _everything_ sounds like a girl you once knew.

> > "Synchronous communications controller" sounds like it requires a DMV11
> > on the other end as well.
>
> It's a sync serial interface...you'd connect it to a CSU/DSU and a
> leased line, or something similar.

  Ah. IOW, "useless in my world." Anybody need one?

> DELQAs are fairly easy to come by. If you want one and can't find
> one immediately, email me.

  So you're saying unsupported means "It don't work"?
  Corollary question #1: Are NetBSD and (ahem) Linux/vax the only
unices that run on this critter? Ultrix is unobtainium, therefore
doesn't count.
  Corollary question #2: If I replace the DEQNA, is VMS 6.2 or OpenVMS
7.2 the better choice for this machine. Strictly fooling around, no
real production usage.

> > Anybody have 2 breakout boxes for the M3107, and no M3107? We could
> > equalize.... For that matter, if anybody needs the card, I'll just
> > share.
>
> I might have one of these, I will check. Email me if you don't hear
> back about this by the end of the weekend.

  No big thing. I _am_ thinking about starting a BBS, but I was gonna
use the RS/6000 340 for that. ;^)
  Actually, I'm more likely to remove all the extra serial adapters and
see if anyone needs them, or just ignore 'em in place.

        Doc