MicroVAX-II questions

From: Jerome Fine <jhfine_at_idirect.com>
Date: Fri Mar 8 14:09:38 2002

>Doc wrote:

> Err, Jerome's offlist email just reminded me that I left out 2 major
> points.
> First, I totally spaced the M7555 RQDX3 controller. Yes, there is
> one. It fell through the 2:30am email crack.
> Second, I'd kind of like to have an RX50 diskette drive for the thing,
> just because. I suppose I'd need cables too.

Jerome Fine replies:

Seems like we have more to trade than just the DHQ11 - I can
put an RX50 into the pot as well - do you want two of them
just in case? I have more than I know what to do with - the
second one will not have a sled, but then you can use the sled
from the first one when it goes bad (an RX50 almost never
does) or the RD53 when it goes (which should be shortly by
all accounts I have heard - unless you are very lucky). I will
also look for a cable, but for the BA123 box, you will need a
long cable if you don't put the RX50 at the top of the stack
of 4 drive bays.

Note that I am answering this e-mail from the "older" system
(as I run in parallel for a while - plus I really will not switch
until I have all my subscriptions to lists confirmed AND working).
So if you answered to the "newer" system, I will not see the
reply for another 24 hours. Probably answer to both for
now if not too inconvenient (jhfinepw4z_at_compsys.to).

I was going to ask which OS you will use until I remembered
you have a VAX, not a PDP-11.

Sincerely yours,

Jerome Fine