Interesting places in Chicago area?

From: Dan Wright <dtwright_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 13 10:48:17 2002

Russ Blakeman said:
> Batavia is mostly west from Chicago - the I-88 tollway brings you into the
> Eisenhower Expressway which will take you to tthe 1-90/94 Kennedy, then as
> it goes south it becomes the Dan Ryan. There is a map for Fermi at their web
> site:
>
> http://www.fnal.gov/pub/visiting/hours/index.html
>
> On the BW map you'll see where Ill Inst of tech is (known as IIT) - that's
> the general area where MSI is at - it should be just east of IIT on 55th. Of
> course there are other ways too, like going downtown when you dome into the
> city on I-290 then going south on Michigan Ave (less of "the hood" to to go
> thru, a lot longer trip)

Yeah...but don't go visit IIT. seriously. the museum is on the museum campus
by the lake, which is pretty safe and nice, but you REALLY don't want to go
much west of there, especially if you're not from the area...

- Dan Wright
(dtwright_at_uiuc.edu)
(http://www.uiuc.edu/~dtwright)

``Weave a circle round him thrice, / And close your eyes with holy dread,
  For he on honeydew hath fed, / and drunk the milk of Paradise.''
       Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Kubla Khan