urgent business/investment deal

From: James B. DiGriz <jbdigriz_at_dragonsweb.org>
Date: Fri Mar 15 14:26:47 2002

Sellam Ismail wrote:

> They're in some third-world African nation where the government is most
> likely in on the scam. I doubt their local authorities would do anything
> less than laugh at anyone actually filing a complaint with them.

Or so is purported. Even if so, official collusion will evaporate
instantaneously if credible evidence of wire fraud is presented by and
to the right parties. Nobody wants to lose their cushy IMF sinecures.
Again, it's of little relevance to the spam issue.

(...)

> And I've offered many fine solutions, as have others (the one requiring
> non-subscribers to confirm their posting is the best) but they've all been
> ignored.
>
> I don't think Jay has enough time to manage the list anymore. I suggest
> we find a new operator.

Heh, you think or one or two spams every couple of weeks is bad, you
should see some of the other lists I'm on. Yahoo groups even provide
their own spam, in HTML yet.

Jay runs a pretty tight ship on a high-volume list, and without throwing
his weight around, either. I'd say he's doing a fine job, and I don't
know anyone else who'd have the required time or patience to put into it.

jbdigriz