CD-ROM on RT-11?

From: Tom Leffingwell <tom_at_sba.miami.edu>
Date: Mon Mar 18 13:55:55 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Jerome Fine wrote:

> Also, while the normal ISO file structure probably will NOT
> easily allow (if at all) RT-11 partitions to be written on 65536
> block boundaries, for RT-11, that is essential.

Why would you be using ISO? My plan was just to dd copy (with unix
cdrecord) a bootable RT-11 SCSI disk to the CD. Assuming that if I had a
bootable RT-11 SCSI disk as /dev/rz4c on a unix machine, with cdrecord, I
would just do this:

dd if=/dev/rz4c ibs=64k obs=64k | cdrecord -dev 3,5,0 -speed=2 -

Will this work?

This week, I'm going to hook up my remaining RX02 drive to a VMS machine
and copy the data off the RX02's. At that point, all I should need is an
image of v5.03 of RT-11 with my program, which I can then burn to a CD.

I'm still trying to scrape up a SCSI controller, but other than that, I
think I should be okay.

Anyone see any problems with this?

Thanks,

Tom