Disassembling a Vaxstation 2000

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Mon Mar 18 17:00:58 2002

> I've managed to get the case open, but... well, this
> is rather embarassing... I can't quite seem to figure
> out how to get the drive itself out.

That's OK, you wouldn't beleive the trouble my PDP-11/44 CPU gave me with
regards to getting the chassis out of the rack! Finally had to transport it
in the rack because no one could figure out how to unrack it. I've run into
some IBM gear that's like that also, it takes half of forever to figure out
how to get into it.

In this case isn't the HD on a sled like the BA23's and BA123's use? I
think there is a tab under the drive, that you push down on then pull the
HD forward. Of course my memory is fuzzy, I've not touched my VS2000 in
several years.

                Zane