Disassembling a Vaxstation 2000

From: Ethan Dicks <erd_6502_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Mar 19 15:33:27 2002

--- "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh_at_aracnet.com> wrote:
> > I've managed to get the case open, but... well, this
> > is rather embarassing... I can't quite seem to figure
> > out how to get the drive itself out.

It's tough... there's a couple of screws that may be tough to get to. I
haven't opened mine in a few years, but ISTR I had to at least lift the
MB up in its cage, if not remove it first (being careful not to stress
the drive cables at the back, etc.)

> In this case isn't the HD on a sled like the BA23's and BA123's use?

Not in a VS-2000 box. The drive(s) hang(s) on screw-on rails, plates,
really, that themselves fit into slots on the main chassis and screw
down to it. No sled.

-ethan