trivial KIM question

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
Date: Tue Mar 19 15:34:30 2002

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Jeff Hellige wrote:

> When I received my VIM-1 it included the 'MCS6500
> Microcoputer Hardware Manual', first edition, dated August 1975. It
> has a blue cover with white text. With the KIM-1 I just picked up I
> received the same manual, 2nd edition, dated January 1976 and it has
> a white cover with blue text. So far, other than some modifications
> to a few drawings and diagrams, I've found little difference between
> the two. Is there a signifigance to the color change to the cover?

The VIM-1 one is an entirely different computer from the KIM-1, having
been designed by Ray Holt, who was later forced to change the name of it
to the SYM-1 when Commodore got pissed at him.

Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *