Basic GIGI usage

From: Tony Eros <tony.eros_at_machm.org>
Date: Fri Mar 22 05:17:07 2002

I set up a DEC GIGI yesterday, but I'm not sure I did it right. I
connected the RGB connectors to the monitor and connected the "MONO"
connector to the "Video In" port on the monitor.

When I turn everything on, the GIGI's "Local", "Basic" and "L1" lamps are
on and the screen paints from a solid light blue to a solid brick
red. Then the screen clears, leaving a block cursor flashing at the top
left corner of the screen and the "Online" lamp lit on the GIGI. But I get
no response on the keyboard.

Are there any GIGI owners out there with a tip as to what I'm doing
wrong? Does anyone have any scanned GIGI docs?

Thanks!

-- Tony