Symbolics 3620 screen issues

From: Tony Eros <tony.eros_at_machm.org>
Date: Fri Mar 22 05:26:35 2002

I've seeing some screen jitters on the screen of my Symbolics 3620. The
characters are sort of doubled up and horizontally offset, as if you had
two copies of the same text on a pair of overhead slides, lined them up one
over the other and then moved the top one about a half-character to the
right. Take the whole thing, make it kind of blurry and you have the
effect I see.

Is this a standard sort of monitor problem that is easily fixed by tweaking
some internal pot (I hope!) or is it likely some bigger problem? Does
anyone have any maintenance documentation on this beast or a spare monitor
they don't need?

Thanks!

-- Tony