list changes & RFC on archives & rack chassis

From: Chris Craft <ccraft_at_springsips.com>
Date: Fri Mar 22 21:34:56 2002

I've been lurking on the list subject, but decided to chime in...

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 20:24, you wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Jay West wrote:
> > 1) Ok, here are the two things I was considering doing to change the
> > mailing list settings....
> >
> > A) Reject posts to the list which contain any kind of HTML content. I
> > think this would be fairly unobtrusive - most people don't want HTML
> > posts here anyways. And - I would bet that most all SPAM contains some
> > form of HTML, so this might not get rid of all SPAM forever, but I think
> > it would make the very few that come here dwindle to even less. Comments?
<<<CHOP>>>
I think I like the idea of filtering out HTML tags (conversion to plaintext a
la w3c/lynx, filter software available on freshmeat.net) and automatically
prefixing "[OL]" the subject lines of non-subscribers' emails with "[OL]" the
best, but it has been way too long since I've managed a list that allowed any
sort of automatic non-owner posts.

However...
> Doc
>
> P.S. -- I have a 4U Aspen Alpine you can have. 275mHz 21064 Alpha.
> Big, noisy bastard.
>
> Doc
This grabbed my interest. Is it an SRM-console Alpha? The only Alpha I own
is an ARC-console machine, which makes it rather undesirable. If Jay doesn't
want it, could I chime in? :) (I really like big, noisy bas^H^H^Hmachines!)

Sincerely,
Chris.
--
Chris Craft, NOC Meister/Postmaster