QL-Quality (Was: ZX-81 Question)

From: Alan Pearson <alan.pearson_at_cramer.com>
Date: Wed Mar 27 04:38:30 2002

> For those of us that were serious about computing, that didn't have access
> to the kind of money a PC or Mac cost, the QL was a godsend.

Too right, I still remember the day I wandered past Currys
in Banbury and saw they'd repriced QL's at ?199! Wandered
home in a fret thinking "can I afford it?"... agonised over
it for a week or so then bought it anyway :-) Best box I ever
bought - within a week or so I had the Lattice assembler and
a copy of the Technical Manual and was digging around QDOS,
and soon after that I'd got a 3.5" disk drive (whoa, a whole
"1440 sectors" on one disk!) and a C compiler. That was it,
my metamorphosis into a complete "dalek" was complete :-)

Al.