Unix disk images and archiving

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Mar 27 20:18:00 2002

>Reading through again, if you want to reformat a MO disk from DOS to
>NeXT, what I remember as the magic recipe is first to format it as a
>Macintosh file system. Then you can make a NeXT-format disk out of it.

        Actually it reformatted the DOS 512byte/sec MO disk as a Mac
disk from the Workspace without any problem and immediately mounted
it as well. I then tried to reformat it as a NeXT disk from the
Workspace and it failed. I then dropped to a shell and told it to
initialize and format the disk and it went through all the motions,
showing that it completed, but it didn't mount it. I then told it to
eject the disk and I re-inserted it....the system then said that the
disk wasn't readable and asked if I wanted to initialize it.

        Jeff
--
                           Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File
                                         http://www.cchaven.com