Disk ][; Was Re: Apple IIe w/ALS Z-card

From: Doc <doc_at_mdrconsult.com>
Date: Thu Mar 28 09:44:05 2002

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Richard Erlacher wrote:

> I've got a couple of those "Disk II" drives that came with a IIe that I bought
> to get the PSU. The box, keyboard, mainboard, etc are all available, still,
> since this one was a little different from others I've had. Normally, they
> don't even come in the house.

  OK, y'all are getting very close to answering one of my questions for
the day.
  Down at the scrappers', there are a couple of dozen Disk ][ drives,
boxed up, ready to get crushed with the rest of the 5.25" floppy drives.
Black-bezel internal and beige external. (Are the beige ones
necessarily D-][s?) If anybody wants I'll inquire as to price, but be
warned you'll have to buy a box, maybe 12-16 units. Shipping singles is
more trouble than I'm willing to go to. Sorry.

        Doc