"New" PDP-8

From: Dave McGuire <mcguire_at_neurotica.com>
Date: Sat Mar 30 15:54:29 2002

On March 30, Torquil MacCorkle III wrote:
> I am interested in building a computer like this, but this seems a bit
> too much for me to tackle. Are there any other Classiccomputers one could
> build which are far simpler and don't involve 600 wires and stuff?

  I have a great old book by Steve Ciarcia entitled "Build Your Own Z80
Computer". In it, he details the design and construction a very
simple, yet effective design for which most componenets are still
available. The construction of such a computer can be lots of fun,
and anyone is sure to learn a great deal about computing in general
and digital electronics in particular.

  If you have any interest at all in doing this, I'd suggest pursuing
it with vigor. You'll be glad you did!

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar