Sierra Semiconductor Internal Modem

From: Marvin Johnston <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Sun Mar 31 12:08:55 2002

Tony Duell wrote:

> > I got an interesting box of Sierra Semiconductor 2400 boards, etc. today
> > at the TRW swap meet. From what I can find using Google, Sierra only
> > made chipsets. But this set of stuff includes unstuffed boards with
> > "Sierra Semiconductor Corporation", "2400 Internal Modem", TTI Copyright
>
> It sounds like you may have found some modem evaluation kits. Did you
> get any documentation with them (like PCB layouts or schematics)? If not,
>
> > stuffing these things. I'll just add this stuff to my collection of
> > modems, but I thought this stuff was rather interesting!
>
> You mean you're not going to assemble one of the boards just for fun :-(

I have far too many projects going, so unfortunately, it just isn't fun
anymore. That is one of the reasons I am starting to sell/give/toss off
some of the extra stuff. But I think an evaluation board is something of
historical interest and worthwhile preserving. I'll most probably try
and get the schematics & parts list to see if I have any complete
unbuild boards & major parts. At that point, I'll keep one and make the
others available to anyone who would like one of these things. It may
take a year or so though!