making disk images

From: Robert F. Schaefer <rschaefe_at_gcfn.org>
Date: Sun Mar 2 19:50:09 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vintage Computer Festival" <vcf_at_siconic.com>
To: <cctalk_at_classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: making disk images

> On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Robert F. Schaefer wrote:
>
> > Anyone know of an easy to make and restore disk images on peasea
hardware?

> Hard drives are cheap. Go down to your local thrift store and buy an old
> PC that is still relatively new (i.e. has a decent-sized IDE hard drive)
> for $10-$20 and strip the hard drive from it.

Errr, here in O-hi-a the XT clones start at about $50 and go up from there,
more if it has options like a keyboard or monitor. All those d_at_mn pig
farmers driving up the prices. In any case, most/all of the achines were
freebies so I don't want to spend too much on 'em. Also, what if the parts
box I picked up had a workign install on it? I'd need to get a parts box to
strip to strip the parts box... Everyone's got a deep, dark secret. At
least I don't have to hide in my basement with mine. Um. Well. Ok, but
the point is that I don't *have* to, I'm just there because that's where the
computers are. ^_^

> --
>
> Sellam Ismail

Bob