VAXstation 4000/60 /90 question

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Mon Mar 3 19:34:01 2003

I've managed to find the pieces (or at least the most important, which is
one of my two RD54's) to do some performance testing on Doc's recent idea
of using a network disk instead of a local disk to get better performance
than a RQDX3/RD54 combo offers.

As a result I'm trying to get either a VAXstation 4000/60 or /90 setup so
that I can use it as the host. In doing this I ran into a slight problem
with VAX/VMS V5.5-2, it doesn't like my 3rd party SCSI disks that I've got
in the /90. Not a big problem as I've got some brand new (!) RZ25's that I
can put into one of the systems, and I want to put a RRD42 into one of them
as well.

Stupid question, how to I go about getting the cover off of the 5 1/4" bay,
and am I supposed to have another piece of plastic to go there? If it
requires another piece of plastic (that I don't have), I'll just hook the
drive up internally long enough to do the install.

Now to decide which system gets a V5.5-2 install, I'll probably go with the
/90 as it's my fastest VAX, and will therefore be the best for building
software on.

                        Zane

| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary)    | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |