VAXstation 4000/60 /90 question

From: no <oliv555_at_arrl.net>
Date: Tue Mar 4 11:40:01 2003

Zane H. Healy wrote:

> Stupid question, how to I go about getting the cover off of the 5 1/4" bay,
> and am I supposed to have another piece of plastic to go there? If it
> requires another piece of plastic (that I don't have), I'll just hook the
> drive up internally long enough to do the install.

That entire right front quarter panel can be slid (nudged) up and off
vertically. I'd recommend removal of the flip door first to avoid
damaging it (youll want to keep the original door as it has the unit
serial num sticker).

But then this is all moot if you don't have the correct panel to swap.
Went thru this swap between my /60 and /90a a few weeks back due to
a thunderstorm that sent my /90a to VAXheaven.

-nick o
houston, tx