Monitor screen width adjustment?

From: Patrick Rigney <patrick_at_evocative.com>
Date: Tue Mar 4 12:00:01 2003

> If you find the coil (you can tell because bringing a
> metal tool up to it will change the width/centering) you

Uh, hopefully I'm just stating the obvious, but poking around with metal
tools inside of a monitor needs to be done carefully... stay away from the
flyback transformer, the anode terminal on the tube (the one on the side of
it), and the wire between them. There can be very significant voltages here
even when the monitor isn't powered up, and even after long periods in
storage. Thanks to a wise high school electric shop teacher (and an episode
with a cranky RCA B&W TV), I'm also in the habit of keeping the other hand
off of any other part of the monitor or anything that might make you a path
to ground, especially a path through one arm to the other (metal desk,
electric tool, etc.). Once bitten, twice shy.

--Patrick