ICL OPD/Merlin Tonto

From: John Honniball <coredump_at_gifford.co.uk>
Date: Sat Mar 8 04:53:00 2003

Witchy wrote:
>>Does anyone have a spare (working) UK-spec telephony module for
>>the ICL OPD
>>and/or Merlin Tonto that they're willing to part with?

I have one, but not a spare! :-(

It's in an ICL One Per Desk, and of course is capable of pulse-dialling
only. Have you considered repairing the one you've got?

> I've got a spare but I don't think it's very well if you consider the state
> of the motherboard:
>
> http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/DSCF2592.JPG

Has someone tried to desolder the chips? The damage looks like it's
consistently opposite the pin 1 end of all the DIL parts. I'm sure
we could work out what's missing if you want to attempt replacements.

--
John Honniball
coredump_at_gifford.co.uk