ICL OPD/Merlin Tonto

From: Witchy <witchy_at_binarydinosaurs.co.uk>
Date: Tue Mar 11 21:48:03 2003

I've been told they do tone dialling too, based on the unsupported DIP
switches in the telephony module. Haven't tried it though; all of my OPDs
are downstairs in boxes.

> Has someone tried to desolder the chips? The damage looks like it's
> consistently opposite the pin 1 end of all the DIL parts. I'm sure
> we could work out what's missing if you want to attempt replacements.

There's too much track damage unfortunately; whoever was removing the RAMs
really didn't care about the donor machine. Of course, anything's possible
with some sockets and wire-wrap, but TBH I only bought that machine for the
extras that came with it like spare microdrives and extended ROM pods with a
different version of Xchange.

cheers

--
adrian/witchy