Free Computers in St. Louis: PCjr, Apple IIGS and more

From: Stuart Johnson <ssj152_at_charter.net>
Date: Sat Mar 8 19:28:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Kotaska" <bkotaska_at_earthlink.net>
To: <cctech_at_classiccmp.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: Free Computers in St. Louis: PCjr, Apple IIGS and more

> I live nearby and may be interested in some of these free goodies if they
are
> still around. I just joined the group so can you contact me? Thanks.
> Bill
> Subject: Free Computers in St. Louis: PCjr, Apple IIGS and more

<SNIP>
> you are able to stop by and feel like geeking out I have 300ish computers
in
> the basement including an Atari 1400XL with 1090XL box, Altair 8800, IMSAI
> 8080, PET 2001 and others that you might like to check out.
>
> Nick

That is too bad about the shipping; I understand totally as I am disabled
and shipping something is a major pain unless I want to pay extra to have it
picked up. For that matter, boxing something up or unpacking stuff isn't a
lot of fun for me with my bad back, etc. Like my mom told me, I should never
have ridden that motorcycle in traffic!

I really would like to have a fully working Apple II /GS system. I've been
thinking about building a 65816 SBC and the Apple would make a nice
development environment for it as well as being a classic computer. If
someone has one to get rid of or sell reasonably, feel free to let me know
off-list.

Stuart Johnson