Collecting siilicn wafers

From: Vintage Computer Festival <vcf_at_siconic.com>
Date: Sun Mar 9 08:24:00 2003

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Dave Wilson wrote:

> I noted some time back that chip collectors are not highly regarded
> on this site - on the grounds that they are prepard to 'mine' perfectly
> functioning boards in pursuit of their interest.

Dave, certain chip collectors are not highly regarded on this mailing
list. Responsible and non-obnoxious ones are quite welcome.

> My interest is in collecting whole, undiced silicon wafers. These are
> much more accessible for research and the interest does not conflict with
> those of other people.
>
> Are there other interested people out there? If this site is not the best
> for this sort of discussion can you recommend a better one?

I don't know that this is necessarily the best place to discuss collecting
wafers. I guess it depends on how or whether you objectify them.

Why do you collect them?

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *