ICL OPD/Merlin Tonto

From: Witchy <witchy_at_binarydinosaurs.co.uk>
Date: Tue Mar 11 21:50:09 2003

I'm sure it can respond to different numbers with different messages though,
also it *can* say good morning, as well as things like 'I'm away getting
head with my secretary on holiday' :) There was a competition on radio not
so long back (Chris Moyles or Scrawn&Lard on Radio1 IIRC) where people
actually recorded their OPDs saying rude things, so I just *had* to have a
go myself....hehe.....

Ah - from my own webpage (duh):

"1.5 SPEECH SYNTHESISER
This consists of a Texas TMP5220C IC with a vocabulary in a separate, custom
ROM
of 152 words, plus letters and numbers. Facilities include limited
text-to-voice
conversion from keyboard entry and playback-to-test. Up to 16 messages can
be
pre-assembled and 2 used, automatically, by time-of-day selection, for
auto-answer of incoming voice calls. Incoming voice messages cannot be
recorded "

cheers

--
adrian/witchy