Mark-8 Minicomputer Kit on E-bay

From: Jim Kearney <jim_at_jkearney.com>
Date: Wed Mar 12 10:30:01 2003

>From: "Mike" <kenziem_at_sympatico.ca>
> I asked about the kit and the owner did say that it was a new one he had
> purchased. I guess that not every one asks about the product they are
> buying. I was expecting the owner to add a note to the ad mentioning that
it
> was a 'NEW' kit.

It's a little hard to quantify 'NEW' for these Mark-8's... while the boards
were made
recently, they were made from the original published patterns, and are not
plated-through or otherwise 'newer' than the originals except in the age of
the raw materials. The Radio-Electronics articles have all the layouts, and
some
number of Mark-8's were home etched, or even wire-wrapped, so it's not like
there's One True Source. When I built mine (from Steve Gabaly's boards), I
was
able to find most of the TTL parts in 70's vintage. So how 'new' is it?