Intel 4004 was: New To List and PDP8 Question

From: Dwight K. Elvey <dwightk.elvey_at_amd.com>
Date: Wed Mar 12 12:18:00 2003

Hi Bill
 It is a complete SIM4-01 setup with the programmer card.
see:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/images/digibarn/digibarn4004.jpg

 It isn't clear in the picture but under the newer MCS4 manuals
is one of the older ones with a complete descrition of the SIM4
in it.
 You didn't put the programs in RAM, it still require one
to blow 1702's that you'd replace those on the SIM4 board
to test out your programs. You need to remember this
is a Harvard architecture type processor. The motherboard/box
has some dip connectors, LED lights and switches that can be used
for I/O to simulate your application with.
 I still use it every now and then to blow 1702A for various
things.
Dwight